Friday, May 23, 2008

Ouch, ow, owie, ouch

OK, you probably can't even tell what that is, so I'll just tell you: Its a big scrape on my knee and that is my left leg straightened out. I do not know what the deal is with all of the folded skin and whatnot. Ugh, my leg is ugly and disgusting even when it doesn't have a welt on it.

It's a sign. I need to cut back on the Starbucks, wear shorter shoes or maybe I shouldn't dart out in front of traffic.

Anyway, I stop at the mall for Starbucks on my way to work, park my car, and step off the curb to cross because the nearest vehicle is still about 4 or 5 car lengths away from me. But as I do so, my shoe twists to the side and my right leg starts to fall. I'm waving my hands around, trying to keep my balance and suddenly I'm in the middle of the parking lot road on all fours. So embarrassing. I get up and all of the cars seem to have disappeared. The only people that may have seen me fall are two punks sitting on a bench between me and Starbucks. But if they did see it, they realize it was too humiliating to even mock and say nothing as I pass them on my mission for iced tea.

In the end, I survived with a bloody left knee, a scratched and dirty left foot, a bruised right knee and pebbles that were still in the palms of both hands when I finally reached the office. Bradley quickly tended to my wounds but the one knee throbbed most of the night. Poor me.

No comments: