Thursday, January 06, 2011

Jan. 6 and my resolution is toast

"What was it?" you ask. Oh, I was going to be more fun this year. Not exactly sure what I meant by that, but here's what I didn't mean (all of which have happened to me in the last 24 hours):
 • Having the washing machine break mid-cycle and refuse to drain.
• Which lead to wet laundry on the kitchen floor.
• Catching a cold.
• An increase in my health insurance premium.
•  Spilling food down the front of my shirt at lunch.
•  Having a 20-minute phone conversation with anyone I'm not related to, especially when it about topics like torturing farm animals.
• The Dodgers changing their opening day to March 31 after I've purchased tickets for the April 1 game.
• Suffer through 2 months of vertigo to find out I have to wait 2 more months before they can do the next test, which will probably still not tell me what is causing it.

Next year I'll just go with the easier "be more bitter and cynical" resolution. At least if I fail that I'll be more likeable. :-)

No comments: