Tuesday, September 18, 2007

11. What's the deal with snow peas?

During the recent hometown boys' visit, we dined at what was Brad and I's favorite restaurant, Roy's. This time we were disappointed. I know we were eating fairly late (9 p.m.) and there was a large group of about 20 people, but otherwise the restaurant was pretty much empty.

However, our server was only there when absolutely necessary. Not the same prompt service that we got a few years ago when me, my sister and the boy went there ... that waiter caught every crayon the boy threw.

They gave us a bowl of raw snow peas instead of bread. Brad asked, "Are you out of bread?" The waiter said, "No. We have some in the back. Do you want it?" Well, I don't want snow peas.

The "classics" menu had changed. No more Misoyaki Pork Roast with wasabi mashed potatoes and applesauce. I settled for the Pan-seared Chicken Breast, but it was pretty blah. Only the Chocolate Souffle lived up to expectations. Thank God for that!

Sadly, we probably won't be back again for a while. Oh Roy (but not T.Roy), you've let us down.

Tammy Faye's long-lost daughter?
We're having a little trouble with the bank this week. Turns out someone with a very similar name to mine withdrew some money on Oahu last week and the bank "accidentally" took it out of my account.

Note to my father: This is absolutely, 100% NOT related to my new Internet service.

After 3 days of phone calls not getting anywhere, I finally talk to a woman today that actually does something. She says, "The withdrawal slip is signed Leah Sherman-Messner. Isn't that your name?" Well, let me think ... is that the name that I just told you when you answered the phone?

I hang up and tell Brad about it and he starts dancing around, singing, "Messner. Messner. You're related to Tammy Faye." Uh-huh.

The bank lady called me back later to say, "You're right. I compared the signature to the one that we have on file and they are nothing alike." Really? A signature for a name that isn't mine doesn't look anything like my signature? You just blew my mind.

Anyway, it's going to take another day or so to figure out where the money should have come out of, and to get money back in my account.

No comments: