1. No more gym.
Yes, I desperately need exercise. But all the cool kids quit the gym.
I thought my new work schedule would be more conducive to going to the gym, but at the end of the day I'm starving and exhausted. Once I get home and fed, I usually feel better but I'm certainly not going to go back out to the gym at that point. So, after a very minor debate with Brad, I went out on Sunday and bought myself an elliptical.
It cost a bit more than Brad probably would have preferred, but I wanted to get one that at least looked like it wouldn't fall apart after three gos on it. Plus, I wanted something considered a "space saver," and, of course, that comes with a price. Not to say this one is isn't huge. We'll see just how huge when it arrives (delivered and assembled by the people of Sears) the week of Jan. 25.
2. No more cleaning.
Brad and I have been discussing it for months. He works all the time. I'm lazy. The place ends up very dusty with spots of not clean.
The fam Pep will be here at the end of the month and we're terrified that they'll think we live in a pigsty.
I had a slight breakdown the other day when the towel rack in the guest bathroom came off the wall and put a knick in the bathtub (which I am in the process of fixing — thank you, Porc-a-Fix). I was discussing it with EdC. at work later that day, along with my general frustration at my housekeeping skills, when another co-worker mentioned that she has a woman who comes in and cleans for her. She said that the money she pays the woman is nothing compared to the peacefulness at her house now that she and her husband don't argue about cleaning anymore.
So, I took down the woman's phone number, called her on Sunday and she's supposed to come over later this week to check our joint out.
3. We're buying in bulk.
After years of silent protest, (Do I really need 80 rolls of toilet paper? Where am I going to put them?) Brad and I became Costco members on Monday. On our first shopping trip, we stayed away from the paper products and were pleasantly surprised ... or at least I was. While I may not need/want mass amounts of tp, the huge bottles of laundry detergent delight me.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment