But it seems like a lot of things never turn out the way I plan.
This week's example is the elliptical (or see 2 posts before this) that I purchased earlier this month and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday (the 26th).
Long story (sorta) short: Brad made several calls this afternoon trying to find out what time it would be delivered tomorrow. When he couldn't get an answer and the delivery hot line listed on the receipt couldn't even find us in the system, I went to the store myself. Turns out their system had purged us and they had no idea our machine was supposed to be delivered tomorrow ... or ever. As an added bonus, the salesperson had not charged me for assembly.
Their first offer was to manually input it into the computer and have it delivered on time ... in a box, but they'd refund the delivery fee. No way am I going to assemble it myself (or have Brad do it). I'm sure it is complicated and I don't want it to (a.) break during the first use because a screw wasn't tight enough; (b.) cause me bodily injury while using; or (c.) otherwise propel me through the window that I plan to put it next to. Maybe I'm unreasonable.
Second offer was to assemble it for free and deliver it next week. Yah, that's how the fam wants to spend their vacay — sitting around waiting for the elliptical to be delivered. I said, "No. No deal. I ordered this thing on the 3rd. I've already waited long enough. It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. If you can't do that, I want to cancel the whole thing. Can I just cancel it and have my money back?"
That brought out the manager, who had previously been dealing with me via the salesperson on the phone. Now I was being offered free assembly, refunded delivery fee and my choice of delivery date ... but they only come to our part of the island on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Still no deal, I wanted it on a Monday — that's my day off — or cancel it. He finally agreed.
It may or may not be here Feb. 15. I'm not going to hold my breath.
In other news,
I was watching the news tonight and viewed one of the crazier stories I've heard in a while: Turbulence forces flight back to Hawaii. I think they mean Sunday night and Monday. See the story.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment