As I said, the Mazda hit the 6,000-mile mark. I did not take it in for an oil change as planned the other day. I'm really lazy.
Brad and I went to Oahu on Sunday. We were discussing doing a Zippy's crawl — hitting every one on the island — but decided our stomachs would explode and only made it to two. (Seriously, when are we going to get a Zippy's here?) We went to the North Shore and checked out the surf. Then wandered around Haleiwa for a while. I'm got pictures, but I've been too lazy to download them from the camera. Maybe next week.
And speaking of next week: The blog turns one year old on Sunday. Think I'll go to Vegas to celebrate. I bought a new jacket today for the big trip. Its been pretty cold there.
Bradley's been fighting a cold for the last few days. He stayed in bed all day Monday. At one point, he was all curled up in the blankets and watching the Mets DVD that my family got him for Christmas. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I was headed to the shower and planned to take a picture of him when I got out, but the DVD was over by that time and he was bored with staying in bed.
I'm having a TMJ mini-crisis. It started out as just my right jaw. At some point, it became both sides. I'm sure that only chewing with the left of my mouth since 1996 didn't play a role in all of this. So, that's what I'm dealing with now. The chiropractor doesn't seem to think he can do much else to help me. I'm not sure my dentist knows anything this ailment, but I have an appointment to go in there in a few weeks and I'm going to discuss it with her. My main concern, though, is if/when I do find someone that knows how to treat it — how much is that going to cost? Medical insurance won't cover it because it says its a dental problem. Dental insurance says its a medical problem. My mom doesn't remember how much the custom splint that I had in college cost. I seem to have $1,500 in my head. And that was South Dakota prices, 10 years ago. How much is it going to cost me now? And is it worth it? I don't really know. As TV would say: Da, da, dunnnn.
2 days ago
1 comment:
I'm no mathmetician (is that a word, spelled right?) but that is 1,000 miles in less than two weeks or about two weeks -- where do you go?
Post a Comment