Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Mets lose

Bradie and went to Shea Stadium Monday night for the Mets-Marlins game. The Mets lost. Boo! But it was lots of fun. We had great seats (good job, Bradley), lots of Mets bottle beer, Nathan's hot dogs and spit peanut shells everywhere. Oh, and we watched the game.

On the way home, we were seated facing two 50ish men on the train. They were talking about hearing loss. At one point, one of them said, "I can't understand anything that my wife and kids say." I smiled. It sounded so cliche. He smiled back and waved his hat at me, "No, not like that. I really can't hear them. Its like high frequency or something."

Monday included a trip into the city to have a lunch with one of Brad's friends. I had the best, hottest and probably most expensive mac-n-cheese in my life. We also made time for Times Square, the Empire State Building (where I got a squished penny) and the bathrooms at the Westin. I'm not a big fan of the city, but it was pretty fun and I'm actually looking forward to going back on Saturday.

1 comment:

Mr. Burger said...

Happy Birthday Leah!
Hope you had a good one...!

— Santa Clarita Burger