During our recent trip to the Mainland, Brad and I took our the 3-year-old boy to a minor league baseball game. The boy wasn't overly excited about actually watching baseball, but he enjoyed wandering around the stadium with one of us in tow.
Him and I were out in the concourse (if you can really call it that) and we were looking at the bouncy toys. All of the kids on them appeared to be a lot bigger and older than him, so when he said, "I wanna go in the castle," I didn't really know what to say. I decided to be honest with him, responding, "I don't know Bubba, those kids look pretty big. I think maybe you're too little to go in there." He seemed to accept that reasoning, replying, "Yah. I'm too little."
That crisis averted, I said, "OK. Let's go back to our seats and see Brad."
"No, I have to go potty," he told me.
Me: Oh, OK, let's go potty.
B: No, I want Brad to take me.
Me: Well, then let's go get Brad. Hurry, we don't want an accident.
B: Yah, hurry. Let's go get Brad.
We get to Brad and there still hasn't been an accident, so I say, "The boy has to go potty and wants YOU to take him."
Brad to B: OK Buddy, let's go potty.
B: No.
Me to B: But you said you wanted Brad to take you.
B: No.
Me again: What do you mean "no"? I thought you had to go potty.
B (rolling his eyes, because I'm so obviously stupid): No. I just wanted to talk about it.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment