Here are the deals around here recently:
One of the doors on our bathroom vanity rotted away. I was somewhat surprised to discover that replacement doors aren't a thing that exist. When I was on the Mainland last month, the family told me just to buy a new vanity. True, they aren't that expensive, but people underestimate the lack of handiness of Brad and I. How am I supposed to get the old vanity out? If I don't get one with the same footprint as the old one, I'd need to tile part of the floor. And what of the sink? That all sounds like it would end up being expensive and/or terribly frustrating. I do want to remodel the bathroom but not piecemeal, not spur of the moment, and not when I don't have the funds for it.
So, Brad and I spent Monday searching for an answer to our dilemma. We finally decided to buy a piece of wood and have the Home Depot people cut it to our specifications (because the pictures of Brad and a saw in my head were not pretty). We brought them home and Brad spent his next day off painting and installing hinges and knobs. Now, they are just waiting in the living room, all ready to be attached to the bathroom cupboard, for Brad's days off this week.
There's my turkey in the oven. In this photo it is about one-fourth cooked. Foodland's got turkeys on sale for $3.97. I couldn't help myself. I may need to go back and buy another, just in case we decide to cook for Thanksgiving.
I learned to knifty knit while sitting of the family's couch last month. Upon my return home, I made this hat as a Christmas present. I was telling my madre about it this morning and promised her a photo. My description was: "I think it's cool, but it sorta looks like a chicken died on your head."Speaking of dead chickens, I toured Toonces' turkey factory while on the Mainland last month. Let's just say it is an amazing feat that I'm cooking and preparing to eat turkey so soon after that trip.
My friend's 10-year-old (am I really old enough to have a friend with a 10-year-old?) sent his Flat Stanley to visit us. I took him to the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment