Tuesday, November 24, 2009

EA Sports Maui Invitational 2009

Exciting title, huh?

Cornellians: Yes, that is Brad's Ithaca is Gorges T-shirt. He had multiple people approach him about it at the tournament. Afterward, he ran into one of the resorts to get me something and when he came back said, "The lady at the front counter's husband went to Ithaca."
"He went to Cornell?" I asked.
"No, Ithaca College. But she loved my shirt."
So, thank you, Dennis, he loves his shirt, too.

Our annual outing to the basketball tournament was fun. But it seems nobody else got the memo that there was a tournament going on. (More likely, the high price of tickets scared many away.) Brad and I have been to some sparsely attended Chaminade games before, but this was empty.

All the better for us to be seen on TV.

There's Brad on the phone with my mom (I think) around the time she finally spotted us. In her defense, she doesn't have TV that she can just pause and rewind, so it was probably a little difficult to see us when the action was moving fast and she didn't know what to look for.

The view from our seats. Pretty much the same as every year. I caught a Chaminade guy mid-jump and it is kind of distracting there in the middle, don't you think?

No comments: