Monday, December 14, 2009

This week's plan

Is to organize meals so that we don't end up in the drive-thru every day. I know it can work. I know others who plan and execute it fairly successfully.

The question is: Can I make it work for me?

Am I imaginative enough? It takes a lot of thought to not feed Bradley mac-n-cheese every day. And he likes more exciting stuff than I do.

This requires planning ahead and making lists before heading out to the grocery store. That sounds like a lot of work.

But I'm gonna try it out. We'll see if it lasts past Christmas ... if even that long.

While the plan lasts, we're off to a good start:

Sunday was slow cooker roast beef. That didn't last nearly as long as I thought it would, so I also whipped up something I found on allrecipes.com called Lazy Lasagna (I cut the recipe in half, we are only 2 people after all). Its is made with jarred pasta sauce and frozen cheese ravioli. Turns out it is right tasty, although I thought it could be a bit saucier. And it was big enough to keep us fed Sunday and Monday and maybe Tuesday, but not so big that we'll get sick of it before it is gone.

No comments: