I woke up this morning around 3:45 because Brad was snoring quite loudly. While trying to get him to keep it down, I thought I heard our deadbolt rattle. But since I have dreams about break-ins all of the time, I figured I was still half-asleep and ignored it.
About five minutes later I heard a loud noise outside, like a door slamming or the sound that Brad always makes when he drops the laundry basket, and a few seconds later saw someone running silhouetted on my bedroom ceiling. I should point out that to see a shadow of someone on my bedroom ceiling, they would have to be walking (or running in this case) through the plants between the building and the sidewalk.
So then I was a bit freaked out. I woke up Brad and told him the story. I think at first he thought I was still asleep, but I convinced him that I wasn't crazy and the two of us got up to watch TV for a while. Nothing will calm a person down like an episode of "Saved by the Bell."
My friend D is getting here today. Brad has the day off to hang with her. He has strict instructions to tell her: Puhleaze don't leave the door in the spare bedroom open at night. I don't care how hot it gets. The PGs are a scary, scary, crime-ridden place.
Now can I come home, mom? I wonder what she's gonna say about this tale.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment