Sunday, August 26, 2007

Playing house

The posts have been few and far between lately because Brad and I have been trying to get the new place set up. Its gotta be presentable for the first visitors and they'll be here Sept. 12. Photos tk (like the business lingo?) if the place is ever finished to our liking. Or more specifically, Brad's liking. On more than one occasion he's said, "No photos go out until the place is 'done.'"

Turns out moving out of the old place is quite a nightmare, too. But everyone's heard those stories (She's crazy!), so I won't bore you with them again.

But back to the new place: The new TV is hanging on the wall. The blinds are ordered. I even managed to hang the noncustom blinds in the guest room today. All by myself. It involved a drill, I was pretty proud of myself. We bought an "audio cabinet" today to put the cable box and new DVD player on, but its too heavy and I couldn't carry it up the stairs. So that will have to wait until Brad gets home, or tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow, or ... SV do you want to come over and take care of that for us?

My favorite Finn ties the knot
Man, I do not have any flattering photos of her, do I?

That's right, Katja is finally Mrs. D2. Or so she thinks. I sent her a text this evening asking if she was married. Her reply read:
Yes, i think so ;-) wedding was just what we wanted. i only hoped that you guys had been there!
Isn't she sweet? Now I need to get her wedding present in the mail. I wonder if they print "Kama Sutra" in Finnish.

I missed my chance to be in the history books
The Hawaii Superferry set sail for the first time today and I was not aboard. I tried yesterday to buy a $5 ticket, but they were sold out long before I even climbed out of bed.

No comments: