Friday, August 31, 2007

We're ... ready ... to ... party

I'm driving Brad nuts this morning with my constant singing of the "Garfield & Friends" theme. I can't help it. Its been in my head for two days. Brad says he's not familiar with that tune, and added, "That doesn't make sense. Garfield likes lasagna, not spaghetti." I'm like, "Its not my fault. I didn't make it up."

B: Are you sure? Because it sounds made up.

Me: It is because spaghetti rhymes with ready. Lasagna doesn't. (Singing) We're ready to party, we're ready. Dat, dat. And hope you bring lots of spaghetti. Dat, dat.

Happy anniversary, Mazda!
I forgot to mark the Sands' one-year anniversary in our family last week. Except for the huge dent that I put into it a few months back, its been a good year for all involved.

And since I'm on the topic of the car — the gecko company upset me about a month ago when they raised my premium by $6 per month. I realize that is not a lot of money, but they didn't offer me any explanation as to why, so I called them. The lady told me that the safety rating on the Mazda had gone down (from b to d, whatever that means), so they raised my rates. I got into a big argument with her about how ridiculous that was. She kept telling me, "Its not our fault. We don't do the safety ratings." And I kept replying, "But you are the people that can choose to raise my rates or not, right?" That didn't really get me anywhere. So, at one point, I said, "Well, I'll just switch to an insurance company that isn't going to raise my rates." That's when she decided that maybe she could do something and 15 minutes later (that's what they say, isn't it?), I had a monthly rate that was $40 less.

I mailed in a nasty comment card because that lady really ticked me off. Today, the gecko company called me to discuss my comment card and reassure me that they know I've been a customer for a long time with no claims filed and puhleaze don't change companies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so when is the big house warming party? i need to admire my handy work some more! sv