I gave Kayhow a pass to participate in this year's Valentine's Day festivities. Ahh ... young love. But I had to check in with her tonight because nobody had seen her today and we were all convinced that she'd run off to Vegas with Boyfriend Guy. No such deal, she assured me, and maintained that she'd dressed in black and had an uneventful V-Day.
How was my Thursday, she asked.
It was just a regular day. The highlight was a visit by the Terminix guy. I then had to emphasis that that statement had no hidden meaning. The Terminix guy really did come over this morning. However, now that I've returned home for the evening, I'm wondering if he was just walking around the joint and not really spraying anything. Because I walked in the kitchen and on the counter was what I believe to be a silverfish. I can handle roaches (we actually have one that comes around often, I'm thinking about naming him Fester), centipedes and spiders, but I hate silverfish (or whatever they are). So, I grabbed a wipe and smashed it to pieces. Fester is still alive and hanging out behind the toaster oven. Although, he didn't move for the first 20 minutes that I was home and when I waved my hand toward him he sorta teetered away in a drunken stupor.
Did the Terminix guy kill any bugs or just bring more in? Will Fester live to see tomorrow? What are silverfish? Dun, dun, dunnnnn ...
One more thing
My so-sweet husband wore black today in support of my anti-Valentine's Day movement. But then he ordered me away from him as we entered the office because he said we looked like twins.
Make that two more things
The nasty cough from my airport marathon sprint has returned big time. I'm pretty sure it's tuberculosis. What other reasonable explanation could there be?
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment