Monday, February 11, 2008

32 hours of flying

I have finally reached my destination. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be home. Would you believe that between Feb. 3 and Feb. 10 I spent approximately 32 hours actually in the air? And at least part of 5 days. I must be insane. But I am really glad that I took the side trip to see the fam.

Some observations from my trip:

1. I'm not going to start on reclining seats again, I'm just going to say that if you're rude enough to recline your seat all the way back (say on a 6-hour cross-country flight), don't lean forward the entire flight to do a sudoku puzzle.

2. I don't know if cell phones really interfere with navigational devices, but when the flight attendants say, "Turn off all cell phones" they mean everyone. P.S.: Please FAA (or whoever is in charge), don't ever allow people to jibber jabber all the way across the country.

3. Electronic devices that should be turned off for takeoff/landing include noise-canceling headphones. Plus it is just rude to put them on as soon as you get on a plane. Maybe you fly everyday, but you should at least pretend that you're listening to the safety instructions.

4. Baggage moves faster than people.

5. Final boarding calls aren't really final.

6. I love cheese curds.

1 comment:

Ace Stryker, newshound said...

Leah, you may be the funniest person I know ...