Thursday, June 05, 2008

Don't mind if I fondue

The Melting Pot opened a restaurant on the west side last week. I've been talking about it for months and Brad promised to take me there ASAP.

It was really, really tasty. As an added bonus, our waiter looked a lot like Goran Visnjic. I want to go back every day, OK Brad? Brad? OK?

We ordered the "Big Night Out" combo which included a pot of cheese, two salads, a shared entree and a pot of dessert fondue.

We had the Caribbean Cheese. I really loved the garlicy-ness of it. And it wasn't nearly as sharp as the stuff that Brad has made at home in the past. Less sharpness is a good thing, even he admits that. For the salads, we both had the caesar. It was OK, kind of small and had a lot of dressing on it. There was some kind of honey-roasted nut in the salad that was really good. Our entree was the Fondue Fusion in Court Bouillon. I personally didn't care for the marinated pork or the jerk-seasoned sirloin, and I'm just not a lobster person, but everything else (especially the filet mignon) was tasty, tasty. Dessert was the Chocolate S'mores. You just can't go wrong there. My favorite was the Rice Krispies dippers, they added more marshmallowy goodness.

No comments: