Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I didn't think this one through

Try to ignore all of the soap scum. The photo at right is to give a little perspective ... show you how truly ginormous he is compared to our normal-sized tub.

It took me a while to drag myself to the bathroom to shower when I got home from Fatness, and when I did finally make it I discovered a giant roach had taken up residence on our bath mat. Uck! I really, really hate those things. Give me centipedes, ants, maybe even mice again — anything but the giant roaches, they totally freak me out. Maybe the worst thing about them is that my favorite bug-killing guy says it doesn't matter how clean (or unclean) your house is — they come up through pipes.

Anyway, in all of my brilliance, I pick up the bath mat and dump him in the bathtub and urge him to "go down the drain. Go home." But the drain has a grate on it and I think he's too big to fit down it. So he's left to wander around the tub for all of eternity. What's my next move? I'm not going to take a shower with that giant bug in there. If Brad were here he'd grab one of my shoes (duh ... he doesn't want giant bug guts on his) and chase it around the tub trying to clobber the bugger. But I don't think the people below us would appreciate me banging my big, fat shoe on the bathtub floor at 11 p.m.

I concede the bug has won for now. I'll warn Bradley that he's in there and urge him to take a shower in the guest room, which is what I ended up doing. Tune in later for Crushinator: Brad vs. Giant Cockroach.

Totally unrelated
What was the deal with the guy in the white pickup? There's four lanes now, get out of the left one!

1 comment:

unklejerri said...

That is the uglyist roach I have ever seen, believe me I lived in an apartment next to the incenerator for 6 years. Call the bug guy quick also try boric acid crystals {available in drug store} in the cabinets under your sinks. you've seen one but the clan may be hiding out in the walls or pipes.