I'm a terrible blogger. But my lack of portable computer has made posting almost impossible.
Now that I'm at the family's house in the homeland ... Hello.
Despite several travel disruptions - mostly recently Amtrak's temporary stoppage of Midwestern service - we're having a really nice trip. We spent most of last week in Chicago. First time there for both of us and it was really fun. We were total tourists, doing both boat and bus tours. And Bradley made his maiden voyage to Wrigley Field. (I have oodles of photos, but don't know how to upload them from the fam's computer.)
Last weekend, we were in Minneapolis for the Back to the 50's car show with the fam. We also saw the Twins at the Metrodome.
On Thursday, we drove from Chicago to the homeland. Friday we babysat the boy. My sister showed up on Saturday. And today we went to Sioux Falls for a baseball game and a strawberry lobsterita. That thing was so huge, I couldn't even drink it in its entirety. (Again, photos to come later.)
We're heading back west on Tuesday. Two more baseball games and a few days lounging in the Phoenix sun before we meet Brad's mom in Vegas and finally come home.
My leg is all better. But I've come down with a nasty cough (most likely tuberculosis) and laryngitis. Although I don't really hear anyone complaining about the latter. :-)
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment