Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy (17 days before) Thanksgiving


Due to crazy schedules in the next few weeks and the fact that both of us will be working on Thanksgiving, we decided to have our turkey dinner tonight. The grocery store didn't have any turkey breasts so I had to buy the whole thing ... my first time for that. After I got home there was some concern that it couldn't be thawed in one day, but it all turned out real nice. I made the potatoes, stuffing, rolls, pie and ice cream, Brad was in charge of the turkey and gravy. It all turned out most delis and we'll be feasting on turkey for the rest of the week because 8 pounds is a really big bird for 2 people. Toonces, you may recognize the rack in the smaller picture as being from the roasting pan you got me several Christmases ago. It works fabulously. And, no, this is not the first time we've ever used it. :-)

The news of the week — since I've been absent for so long:

• Bradie got a new hat. I had to turn that photo into black and white because our decorating scheme (South of the Border restaurant theme as EdC. calls it) can be quite distracting at times, but he still looks like a lumberjack.

• My new gym shoes arrived last Monday. They are larger and clunkier than the old ones, need to be broken in (which the old ones didn't) and are unbelievable white (the old ones were grayish from the beginning). I guess it is pretty obvious that I don't like them as much as the old ones, but they are perfectly acceptable and I'm sure I'll grow to love them. Plus, the old ones went out with tonight's trash . . . it is time to move on. Like the toe action on the right? I purchased my own bottle of "I'm With Brad" polish. How could I not with a name like that? "I'm With Brad" pedicures for everyone upon my return to the homeland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stat says, "thanks for the invite."