Monday
I fell in love with the name Vikram. But since I have little use for a new name, I decided to turn it into an every word. On Tuesday, Kayhow played along, sending me a message that read: "I'm Vikramming it up. I've been Vikramming all day long." On Friday, I discovered that Vikram is Indian in origin and means "stride." EdC. pointed out that Vikram spelled backward is Mark IV. This is getting a bit out of control.
Tuesday
I had a massive headache. I mean really bad. I managed to whip up a 13.5-pound turkey, but after that I was pretty much worthless. The pain must have made me wacky, because I sent this ridiculous message to Toonces: "Remember when that doctor guy told me that a headache couldn't make my feet hurt? He was full of crap. They hurt so bad tonight that I considered poking them with my fork during dinner. The real question: Would I have continued to use it to eat my turkey afterward? I couldn't decide so I didn't go through with it."
Wednesday
My only day off with Bradley this week, so despite the fact that my eyes were still throbbing and the room kept spinning when I stood up, I threw on some clothes and went out. He needed a new suitcase if he's going with me next month. And we stopped by the toy store to get a few things for when we see the kids. We also got a new Wii game — "Mercury Meltdown" or something like that. I couldn't get the hang of it, so I sat on the ottoman and pouted for a while.
Thursday
For some reason I don't seem to remember a thing about Thursday.
Friday
After some discussion, Brad and I agreed that we'd get iPod Touches for Christmas. It's not much more expensive than the camera or sunglasses that we got each other last year. And, in the long run (fingers crossed), I think the Touch is going to be less expensive than an iPhone. So I ordered those and hopefully they'll be here next week so that we have time to get the hang of them before our trip. However, our current computer operating system is not new enough to be compatible with the Touch, so we're also upgrading to Leopard. I hope this all works out as well as it sounds in my head.
Side note
While searching for the meaning of Vikram, I discovered that Leah means "weary." That's much better than the dictionary that the fam had when I was a kid that said it meant "wild cow." Although both definitions explain a lot. It all brings up the nuture vs. nature questions: Am I weary because I'm a Leah? OR Was I weary from the get-go? And what of my love of cows?
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment