Sunday, November 02, 2008

Scary. Really scary.

Leah as a witch for Halloween. I 'd guess somewhere between 1982 and 1985.

Halloween is barely over. The election is still 2 days away. But what am I doing today? I addressed the holiday cards, made my first Christmas present purchase of the season, sent a wish list to the fam and prodded Toonces for the same from her family. Also pulled out the suitcases for the trip in 4+ weeks and prepped Brad's coat to be shipped ahead of time. Once I get done typing this, I plan to whip out the winter wear and see what fits. The winners will go directly into the suitcase because I seriously doubt I'll have any use for them in the next few weeks.

In the process, I've rediscovered that one of our suitcases has a broken wheel and the other has a zipper that is missing a pull. The zipper is easily fixable with a paper clip or something, but the wheel doesn't look repairable. So now I've got questions: With all of the airlines (except Delta, according to an article I read the other day) charging to check any bags, is luggage a worthwhile purchase? Am I going to continue to be an overpacker? Can I make do (in the future) with the newer, smaller 25-inch bags? Or will I be paying out the nose to check 2 bags because they just don't hold as much stuff as my monster 30-inchers that are on their last legs after taking a beating for almost 4 years?

Shoe update
Although the demise current shoes is likely my fault, I decided to go with a different brand for the next pair. I appreciate the input that I received and decided to go with the New Balance 768 in White/Carolina/Raspberry. I had to purchase them online because the store didn't have the correct size, but I'm hopeful that they will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is scary! Heard the party went well - and that there was some fierce competition. Good Luck on the election ;)