Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's that time of year again

Happy Birthday, EdC.

Here are the highlights from Sunday's festivities:

This year's theme was unicorns. I think everyone was pleased that the balloons did not sing. That makes it all very dignified. I asked for a few smaller balloons to go with the main event and the lady at Party Paradise said, "Are pink and purple OK?" Are they ever!

EdC. shows off his birthday loot — a new My Little Pony and some tissues proclaiming him allergic to work.

EdC. tries to get some work done without being decapitated by his "Happy Birthday" banner. He should just be happy that I didn't get him the "It's My Birthday" sash that I spotted while the balloons were being filled.

The cake of the day was ice cream cake courtesy of Kayhow, who went the extra mile and got it personalized. "I couldn't think of anything to write, so it says this," she said. We were a little confused by the plastic spoon. And why the cone was filled with strawberry ice cream when the cake was pralines and cream. But it was tasty nonetheless.

Somebody got a little too excited during the cake eating and dropped it numerous times onto her new dress. (I still don't know what Forever 21 blue is or why it's a bad thing, but the dress is very nice.)

1 comment:

Mr. Burger said...

Ed!!
Happy B-day! You look great ! I like the beard...can I call you Beard Papa now?
Wow, how long have you guys been on OSX?