Saturday, May 02, 2009

33 on the 3rd


Happy early Birthday to me!

The TV and EdC. treated me to an early birthday celebration on Saturday since I won't be working on the big day. They are so sweet . . . especially considering that they took me out for cupcakes and ice cream last week after the yet-unsolved cow cake caper. This week it was delicious chocolate mousse pie (made by TV), mint chocolate chip ice cream (cuz they know it is my fav), a pot of impatiens (I think they're trying to tell me something) and a so-cute wiener dog planter.

Thank you, so much. You guys are the best. I hope this plant lasts longer than the orchid (6 days).

I couldn't get a picture of the pie because my camera, which I keep in my purse, decided not to work any more. Is it too late to ask for a new camera for my b-day? Kodak says it will cost $80 to repair it.

I did, however, find Brad's camera once I got home and took a few shots of the presents. Next step is to transplant the flowers. Keep your fingers crossed. :-)

More birthday excitement expected Sunday, including me and Brad up at 4 a.m. HST to purchase Mets tickets.

11:05 p.m. update: The flowers are now in the planter. It was messy. I'm pretty sure that I'll be picking up plant poo (aka dirt) every time I move the planter. Still unsure if that is too much plant for the holder, or even if impatiens is an indoor/planter flower. But it is in and looks super cute. Photos being uploaded onto flickr.

No comments: