Thursday, June 04, 2009

So here's the deal

It seems like the last 2 weeks have been hectic. When was my last post? May 24?

I can't even remember what was happening that far back, so we'll just fast-forward to last Friday. I chipped my tooth on a tortilla chip. Because the only dentist that I'd seen on the island is, well, she's terrifying, I kind of freaked out. I was like, "I can't go back to her. She told me in September that I needed two fillings and I canceled the appointment and never went back. Plus she's mean and expensive." What to do? I wanted to get the tooth fixed before we left on vacation, and I only had 10 days left at that point.

TV gave me the name of her dentist and said that sometimes they are open on Saturdays. I called them Saturday morning and got an appointment for Monday. Sweet! No more scary lady! :-) Monday came and the new dentist guy said it was a very minor chip, no root canal necessary, he'd smooth it down right there so that it stopped scratching my tongue and I just needed to come back sometime to get a crown. I went back on Tuesday and got the tooth ground down to a nub and a temporary crown. It wasn't what I'd call "fun," but the new dentist guy is so nice. The woman appeared indifferent to causing pain. The gold crown (cuz it is in the back and $200 cheaper than porcelain) will be installed next month.

As for our vacation, I can not wait. Only 2 more work days. I've got today off and I'm supposed to be packing and cleaning the house. Obviously that's not happening. I've also gotta take Brad's car for an oil change and find something for my Big Guy for Father's Day. Any ideas on what he'd like? Or any guesses on how many of those things I'll actually accomplish?

No comments: