Tuesday, September 01, 2009

T.Roy says my spurt of bad luck is over

Using an old wives tale as his supporting theory, T.Roy says I've broken three things (the computer, the dishwasher and the glass) and the cloud of bad luck that was following me yesterday has gone. OK, he didn't make any specific reference to a cloud but you get the point.

Maybe he's right. Today was certainly better. But, then again, yesterday was in the top 5 of bad days in recent history.

The good news: Brad spoke with a repairman (recommended by T.Roy and Melissa) who doesn't come to our part of the island but told him how to check and see if the dishwasher was repairable or not. If it is repairable for a reasonable price: Yay! But that doesn't mean I won't worry about burning the place down the first dozen times that I run it. If it isn't repairable or the price is high: I stopped at Home Depot today and their cheapest dishwasher is $269. That's not so bad.

The bad news: I guess there isn't really any. I had to hand wash my dishes after dinner tonight and my fingers got all pruney. Nobody wants to hear about that. :-)

No comments: