Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More additions

Have I finally got this figured out? No, not really.

Will the entire itinerary be thrown out the window once we get on the road? Probably.

But here's the most recent trip news, anyway:
• Day 21 will include a stop at the Field of Dreams. Bradley is very excited that we managed to squeeze this in — on paper, at least. I did not realize until yesterday that the infield and outfield are actually owned by two different people and have different open hours. Poor Bradley's little heart will be broken if we don't get there in time to have a catch in the infield and run the bases. T.Roy is sending his glove along to get a little Iowa dirt rubbed in it. But more importantly, is it "have a catch" or "play catch"?

• I've finally gotten around to checking with friends along the route to make sure we have somewhere to stay. Thanks in advance to P and D for their hospitality.

• Bradley and I have chosen a mascot for our trip. His name is The Buff Guy and he'll be making his first appearance on here soon. Very exciting.

• I'm waiting for verification, but it appears that I've finally found a rental car that we can take wherever we want and put as many miles as we want on it without being charged extra. I had originally booked with Alamo, but they'll only give me 4,750 free miles before charging 28 cents per mile. Our trip is a bare minimum of 5,100 miles! And that was the good deal, because all of the others wouldn't even let me take the car out of neighboring states without charging me extra. So, keep your fingers crossed ... come on Hertz.

• After a UPS mix-up, we finally got our Grand Ole Opry tickets yesterday. Thank goodness. I thought my head was going to explode. Brad will tell you, I was hysterical but not in a good way.

• Brad's parents may not accompany us after all, but we will still be attending a Brooklyn Cyclones game. I will finally ride the Cyclone. And there will be eating at Nathan's. We're still undecided if we're going to attempt 53 3/4 hot dogs in 12 minutes or not.

No comments: