Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ugh

So, I came home this afternoon from getting my hair cut to find a note from the landlord on my door. I'm thinking, "Oh crap they are going to raise our rent again! We can't afford much more ... and we're definitely not going to fork out much more for this crappy place."

But instead, it read something like,"Dear resident, please remove the following items from your lanai by July 24: 1. weight bench 2. tarp. Sincerely the management." That's a really touching letter. Very personalized. Makes me feel special.

I go to the back door and look out and the only thing(s) on the entire cement slab is a pair of Brad's shoes. Obviously my first thought is, "Oh my God, somebody stole our weight bench!!"

So, in all of my normal pleasantness, I go marching to the office with the letter in my hand and inform the curly-haired girl that I do not own a weight bench or tarp so I seriously doubt that I can be held responsible for removing them by Monday. She says, "Oh, I must have written down the wrong number. Sorry about that." Well, duh, I had already figured that out. My retort was simply, "Uh, yah," after all, Brad would probably not be too happy if I got us evicted just days before our vacation.

No comments: