I captured my homeland from the sky after departing Des Moines International Airport on July 26. I didn't realize at the time that I had gotten a picture of the interstate interchange. Oops! But look how green the rest of it is.
The fine people of Iowa welcome Brad to their state.

Brad enjoys the Iowa scenery.

We hit the Ice Cream Capital of the World.

The highest point in Iowa, Hawkeye Point, is apparently in this cornfield somewhere. I'm not really sure why, but there were several RVs parked in the clearing near it. Could it be the next vacation hotspot?

Bode, Iowa: Where the tallest building is 4 stories high and every road is the length of a football field.

City editor D and I pose in front of my old stomping grounds after lunch at Marvin Gardens.

Brad enjoys the Sioux City tradition of a Tastee sandwich before sharing an ice cream cone (and a smile) with me in front of the sign. Not sure that we got the 99 cent special. Doh!
No comments:
Post a Comment