And I had to have strawberry margaritas last night at Outback (that place is nice, really nice) because I know that T.Roy won't come through for me today. I know, I know, he sent them down by taxi last time. But despite my disappointment in T.Roy, I've made Election Day cookies for tonight's work festivities. Exciting stuff.
To be honest, I may be watching the Iowa governor's race closer than anything here. (Except maybe the big Cerizo-Souki showdown, and I can't vote in that race either.) The last I checked, Democrat Chet Culver was ahead in the polls. But those crazies up there in my homeland are quite unlikely to vote Democratic, so you never know what will happen. Plus, the GOP's lt. governor candidate is a NW Iowa native (actually a Sheldon native, I had no idea). And former principal at Sheldon High — during my reign as "dork queen."
OK, there wasn't really an official dork queen, but if there had been, I probably would have been crowned.
And since I'm thinking about high school, I had a dream last night that I was back in freshman Earth Sciences and had forgotten to do a paper. Those kinds of dreams are the worst, I wake up going, "Oh my God, I have to do that paper." I also often have a similar one about marching band and not knowing the music (OK, I did usually fake it) or routine. And I'm not the one that regularly skipped band practice. All of that information should aid in my quest to become today's dork queen.
While the item is delayed getting to me by a slow train, I've apparently, unknowingly, purchased one of this year's must-haves for my nephew. It is out of stock at amazon, toyrus.com, wal-mart.com, etoys and target.com. That means that maybe he won't get 3 (one each from me and the grandparental units) and my sister could sell it on eBay and send him to private school for 3 years. :-)
My final "dork" comment: Brad and I picked up our Billy Joel tickets yesterday.
What's with the frazzled? Since last Monday (the 30th) I've been battling aches and fatigue very similar to the Mystery Illness of 2003. Sunday was the worst and I woke up yesterday feeling fairly crappy, but as the day wore on it seemed to subside. So, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment