Friday, November 03, 2006

MACC members

Brad and I decided to bite the bullet and become members of the Maui Arts & Cultural Center in order to get Billy Joel tickets. That decision was helped along greatly by Brad's mom, who offered to buy the concert tickets for us ... as a Hanukkah gift. If she's gonna do that, the least we can do is pay the small membership fee, right? Much thanks to Brad's mom. We got the tickets this morning but only after we got confused by the Web site and Brad sent me into town to stand in line while he kept working the phone. He got through before I did. But I won't be 100% certain about anything until I actually have the tickets in my hand. Nothing against Brad, I just get nervous.

Watched all of last night's "Grey's Anatomy" (in fast-forward) but no sign of Burger. And only one short bar scene. Guess I'll keep holding my breat until Nov. 16.

And after 2 days of leaving messages at my doctor's office just so that I can get a prescription refilled, I finally went in there. I told them, "I just need to a prescription called into the pharmacy."
The lady got a little snippy and said, "Well, normally you would just call us and we'd take care of that."
"I understand," I replied. "But I've been leaving messages for 2 days and nobody has called me back."
I'll check at Longs on the way into work, but I'm not feeling to good about my prescription actually being there.

Why do people mess with me? I'm a nice person.

Unrelated to anything else: The Black Hills State University Yellow Jackets are currently ranked 13th in the NAIA football standings. Woot, woot!

No comments: