Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I need to rant

For the second time in about 6 months (maybe its been more), I received a letter yesterday from my hometown church asking if they could take me off their membership and mailing lists. Now granted, I'm not a regular churchgoer and I haven't lived there for what like 13 years, but this ticks me off. My sister told me that she got the same letter a while back was annoyed by it too. Because it seems to me that just because I don't send them money, they have no use for me. Is that the Christian way? Then again, its probably not very "Christiany" for church boards to object to weddings simply because one half of the couple is Jewish, but they did that too. Nice example of open-mindedness, huh?

Anyway, the first time, I said, "Yes, keep me on your list," simply to annoy them. This time I'm very tempted to send them a nasty letter. But I probably won't. Definitely going to send the card back and say, "Fine. You don't want me. I don't want you either."

No comments: