Saturday, February 10, 2007

So the trap just disappeared?

A little back story: I went into the bathroom yesterday morning and found a mouse just sitting in front of the toilet. Thinking quickly, I grabbed a glue trap (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person) from another part of the house and returned the bathroom, where I found him still sitting in front of the toilet. So, I decided that I'd just slide the glue trap under him, then I wouldn't have to touch him. Right? Well as soon as I started slide it toward him he took off running in the opposite direction and disappeared. Brad and I responded by strategically placing traps around the bathroom.

We come home last night and have one mouse caught on one of the bathroom traps. I removed and Brad and I both swear that we put another trap down in that one's place. But I got up this morning and that trap was gone. Brad had already gone to work, so I just figured that he had disposed of another mouse before leaving and hadn't replaced the trap. But I called him and he said, "No. I thought you got up in the middle and saw we had caught another and you had removed it."

So what did happen to that trap? I honestly have no idea. Maybe a monster mouse got partially stuck to it and ran away, carrying the trap with him.

Related to my mouse saga
We were talking about mice at work yesterday and a co-worker told me that I need the Rat Zapper. She recommended the "ultra" version. Would I be able to sleep at night knowing that I'm electrocuting mice? Probably. I don't seem to lose a lot of sleep over the glue traps.

Or the cat could just eat the mice


My neighbor's crazy cat sits outside my front door meowing for me to let it in for what seems like hours everyday. Why isn't it out chasing and eating mice instead? That's what cats are supposed to do.

And while I'm on the subject: This cat is obsessed with me. Its like a stalker cat. Beside the daily meowing:
• It sits guard behind my car so that I need to circle the Mazda before getting into it to make sure that I'm not going to run over the cat.
• It trapped me in my car for multiple minutes the other night after I pulled into the driveway. It jumped up on the hood of my car as I was putting into park. (I wasn't too happy about that either). And then climbed on the top of my car and hung its head down over my driver's side window, trapping me in the car because I was afraid I'd whack his head if I opened the door.
• And the other night Brad and I got home and went to check the mail. The cat was sitting on top of the garbage can and jumped up on the mailbox. When I tried to stick my hand into the box to retrieve the mail, the cat would hang his head down like he was going to pounce on my arm and claw it to death.
• Not to mention that he/she (I don't know the cat's gender) has bitten me at least once when I was trying to be nice to her/him.

No comments: