Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

I feel like I should put up photos of the cat so that the Vs know he's still alive. So there he is ... sleeping in the middle of the day in our guest room.

I maintain that he is a very sweet boy, but he's really needy. He cries all night. I'm also fairly certain that he's freaked out by the schedule we keep around here. He's gone from a household with a 3-year-old who has been known to almost love him to death and people around all the time (because TV and Stat work opposite hours) to being on his own 8+ hours a day, nobody trying to strangle him with love, and people who sleep way past 6 a.m. I come home at night and trip over him for about 20 minutes (until he calms down) because he's never farther than 2 inches from my feet. This morning he was so excited when I finally crawled out of bed at 9:30 that he jumped into my lap three times while I was trying to check my e-mail. How many more days until he goes home? :-)

Anyway ...
Happy Fourth of July. Not really one of my favorite holidays, because I'm scared of fireworks ... but I'm glad to see that the Kim Jong Il fireworks appear to be fizzling out.

No comments: