Or in my case, 10ish to 5:30 or so.
One week down, one to go. I'm filling in for a co-worker on vacation in a job that I've never done before. And one that, let's be honest, I'm highly unqualified for. I don't understand most of the issues. I don't know people that think they should be known. I live in fear of the phone ringing. I'm probably changing around people's words or, even worse, their positions on things.
But I'm doing it. I wanted a change of pace. Nobody else wanted to do it. It's not as bad as some people (Burger) would lead you to believe. True, I have muttered, "Oh. My. God." about 6,000 this week alone. But on the upside, a stranger offered me dinner after only four days on the job. :-)
I get to set my own hours, so I've been getting up around 9 and into the office around 10. In the evening, I leave when the sun is still up, stop at EdC.'s to check on "the boys," come home, make dinner (which I've been doing all week and find moderately rewarding), go to the gym, come home again, shower, watch a movie and go to bed. It's interesting how I feel like I've got so much more time to do things. But the "early" mornings are a drag. And my stomach is roaring by 5 p.m. How do "normal" people function?
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment