Thursday, July 02, 2009

Our visitor

This is Zeus/Seuss/Juice. He's a member of the V family. His humans have gone to the Land of Beer and Cheese for a few weeks, so he's staying with Brad and I. I had the impression that he was chill and somewhat anti-social, which meant that he'd get along swimmingly with me and Brad. I was wrong ... or maybe he just needs to get accustomed to his new surroundings. So far, he's been following my every move and demanding love and attention.

When I picked him up last night, Stat warned me, "Close the door at night. He'll climb into bed with you and he's a meow-er." Did I listen? No. When we went to bed last night, Brad and I let him climb up and lay down right in between us. Brad was worried he'd roll over and crush him but I said, "Don't worry about it. He'll move if roll toward him." But it didn't take Brad rolling to get him to move, he moved all the time. He jumped onto the bed. He jumped off the bed. He curled up in between my lower legs and then put one paw on each so I couldn't move. There was no meow-ing, but we couldn't take it anymore, he kept waking us up, so he got kicked out of the bedroom and the door was closed behind him. 

Then the meow-ing started. But it wasn't just meow-ing, it was loud shrieking that sounded similar to this. Yeh. I thought that was funny when I first saw it. Not so funny when it is happening in your hallway at 3 a.m.

But he's a terribly sweet cat. I'm hoping the first night was just an adjustment period. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you got a cat! When did that happen?! How cute ...
Just kidding ... THANKS a bunch.

Leah said...

Dude, he already misses you. I came home last night and he gave me disapproving look that said, "Mama Jeeves never leaves me home alone for 8 hours."

But he has put me in the office cat family. Ron told me to get a cat condo. Lila gave me tips for turning Brad into a cat lover. I may keep him, now that I know how out-of-the-loop I was before. :-)