Thursday, March 30, 2006

I do have some tales to tell

1. I may or may not broken my car last night by hitting a huge pothole going 30 mph. There I was just driving safely and cautiously as I always do, when out of nowhere the front passenger side of my car just dropped maybe a foot or so and there was this horrible crunching sound. I honestly thought my tire was automatically flat/ruined. So I called Brad and turned around to go back to the office. The car drove OK. Apparently it didn't kill the suspension or break anything in half like it sounded like it should have. But I left the car at the office and came home with Brad. We'll see how it looks today.

Added bonus, when I got back to the office, I told Kekoa about it and she said, "You should report that to the police." I tried the nonemergency number (though later I had a dream that I called 911) but couldn't get through. She tried for me a few minutes later and got through and then we heard it on the scanner. It was pretty cool.

2. Edgy has gone back to St. Louis for a few weeks and left me with a key to his bachelor pad. I've been suggesting for several days that I'm going to whoop it up with keg stands and whatnot. So, of course, I had a dream last night that I really did have a party there but lots and lots of people showed up to do undesirable things. The police were involved.

3. A belated happy birthday to my b-i-l "T". I did remember yesterday, he'll tell you that I called way too many times to wish him a happy birthday. I'm just glad that his present got there on time. Unfortunately, it sounds like everyone got him the same present. Sorry about that.

4. I'm driving my sister crazy with my planning of the 30th birthday Las Vegas extravaganza. Can it be an extravaganza with just me, my sis and Brad? The family is refusing to come. Apparently they like her better than me. Unless I'm willing to pay for their trip. I'm actually OK with them liking her better. :-)

No comments: