While traveling into town this morning, there were nonstop warnings from the National Weather Service. Flash flooding, severe thunderstorms, maybe even a tornado. It was raining pretty hard on the way home and if it keeps up, South Kihei Road will definitely be a lake. I may have to heed the recommendation to "Turn around. Don't drown." I wonder if they realize that doesn't really rhyme.
This morning's trip was to the doctor and it's official, I have prehypertension. Exciting, huh? But he was very excited (although I had to point out to him first) about my weight loss since October. He said, "Excellent, excellent job. Keep up the good work. That's all you need to fight this thing." That's right, my doctor is also a motivational speaker. He also said that my problem appears to be "White Coat Syndrome" (it's a real thing) and my blood pressure is not really as bad as it looks on paper. I think that's what I've been telling him all along.
Anyway, on the way home the lady on the radio was making fun of my peeps (I didn't work last night) for getting the day wrong on today's publication. She said, "Apparently they think it's Tuesday." Ha, ha, ha. That's so hilarious. I'm sure she's never made one mistake in her entire life.
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment