Thursday, March 02, 2006

My random thoughts

My paralegalizing class begins on Saturday. It's likely I won't have much free time after that. Seeing as how it's taken me 2 weeks to get through the assignment for the first day, I may have gotten myself in over my head. But Brad says, "Just do it. You'll do great." So I'll go.

I'm already unpopular with the teacher or someone else affliated with the course. A man called the other morning at 8:30 and, of course, we were both still asleep. Brad crawled out of bed and mistook him for a telemarketer. Apparently the guy mispronounced my name (as all telemarketers do ... isn't it a common name in India?) and Brad got all bucky (to use a phrase from my past). Then the man explained that he was just calling to tell me the super-secret location the class will be held at. Brad apologized.

Speaking of bucky (as in teeth, ha, ha, get it?), my mom discovered two dental retainers while cleaning out her bathroom earlier this week. It's a 50-50 shot that they are mine, and likely are considering where she found them. But they could be my sis' too. She said she was throwing them out, because I hadn't worn them for more than 10 years. And added that since I've been married more than 5 years, she didn't think I needed a drawer full of my stuff at her house anymore. That's a pretty extreme move on her part ... just when Brad and I were planning to move back to Iowa and live with her. Guess that plan is out the window.

And finally, we received the title for the MFX and a check for $29 (for overpaying our loan) in the mail yesterday. It was a pretty exciting day. I'll be spending most of Monday with all the nice people at the County Service Center in an attempt to change the name on the title.

No comments: