Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pure genius

I've got to say, the people at US Airways are smartys.

Brad and I are flying to Newark in July for his friend's wedding. I was messing around last night and noticed that our return flight (which went through Las Vegas) no longer existed. Not anything urgent but I thought, "Hmmmm, I wonder what they put us on instead." So, I was looking around the US Airways Web site and I kept getting an error when I would enter my confirmation code. I got all nervous thinking, "Oh my gosh! Maybe they canceled my reservation and never told me! Does that happen? No, that wouldn't happen. Would it?" And that's when I noticed that they had a "chat with a live agent" button.

Genius, pure genius.

The woman said, "Yes, you need to reschedule your return flight" and gave me several options to chose from — at no charge to me, obviously, because it wasn't my fault that my flight was canceled. Unfortunately they all went through Phoenix (Boring! And HOT — as my mother and I determined the other day.), but I was able to get the one that left Newark at 10 a.m. as opposed to the one that left at 7 a.m. Sweet! That means that we can sleep for 3 more hours that day.

And it all took less than an hour. Would have taken even less time but I was like, "Ugh, 6:55 a.m., isn't there anything else?"

No comments: