Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Stupid head and its hurtin' ways

I woke up this morning with a very minor headache but it just seems to be getting worse at the day progresses. I took some Advil but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Brad and I were trying to think of something that may have triggered it ... because anything has got to be helpful at this point and then I can go back to the doctor and say, "Listen here, jerk. Every time that I eat turkey sandwiches (or whatever) I get a headache." Plus, its always wise to call the doctor "jerk" — he'll respond well to that.

Brad decided that it was the celery cake I was trying to make. I said, "No. I woke up with it this morning and when I went to bed last night I thought the celery cake was going to turn out." The celery cake was going to be for Standal's last day. He loves celery. Celery cake was a disaster (see picture). It was supposed to look like a stack of pieces of celery with peanut butter and cream cheese in the center. But it just did not work. Brad is going to stop at Krispy Kreme on his way to work instead.

So we didn't really come up with any ideas on what may or may not trigger my headaches. Could be the steak taquitos that I had for dinner last night or the ice cream cake for Standal's second-to-last night or the cinnamon rolls that I had after I came home. (I'm a really healthy eater.) Or was it the mac-n-cheese that I ate for lunch today before the headache got worse?

As I was sitting here at the computer ordering a present for my sister (woo-hoo!) all of these little dots just started falling in front of my eyes. Really creepy. Is that what they call an aura? Probably not because mine came after the headache had already started. I'm gonna throw away the current contacts and see if that helps.

Speaking of health issues
The union put a two-page memo about health insurance issues on the bulletin board yesterday. But guess which giant complainosaurus got her own personal copy. That's right — ME! So now, the next time that I have to call the insurance company (and you know there will be a next time) I can say, "Na-uh, a representative of your company told my union on April 10 that ..." However, the memo did not address whether or not, in the future, I will give them my ID number, social security number, date of birth and still be called "Rita."

Also, TB tests to be administered on the 17th and checked on the 2oth. Here's hoping that I don't have it.

No comments: