Monday, April 09, 2007

R.I.P my gray sweater

Happier times:
Me and my sweater at the Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi, Finland, April 2005
and in Las Vegas (below), January 2007

Brad and I did some preliminary packing for our trip this evening. Stuff like: How many pairs of jeans do I have? Do we have the proper attire for some events?

So, I'm pulling out the winter wear (or as they would say at the liquor super store winter ware) and I realize that my gray sweater, my old reliable, so comfortable, dry clean only, had-it-since-we-lived-in-Iowa sweater was put through the wash after we returned from Las Vegas in January and has shrunk quite considerably. I thought to myself, "Maybe it just looks smaller on the hanger." Dare to dream. The sleeves are now three-quarters long and the bottom doesn't even reach my belly button.

I hummed a sad tune as I neatly folded it and carried it to the garbage can.

No comments: