Sunday, November 18, 2007

Your birthday comes just once a year ...

So now's the time to cheer. Woo! Or so sang EdC.'s singing birthday balloon. We have yet to determine if that is supposed to be a sad thing — like boo-hoo only one birthday a year — or a good thing — as in thank God I only have to put up with singing balloons once a year.

Anyway, EdC.'s birthday was Friday. Since I'm lazy, TV's in Cheeseland and Kayhow demanded no Scotcheroos, he got pie. The one in the back is called a "luau pie" and is a taro and coconut concoction. The one in the foreground is french apple because I said, "Taro and coconut scares me." The purple was a bit disturbing, but I tried a bite of Kayhow's piece and it was pretty good. EdC. looks annoyed and ready to stab me in this picture because my camera kept "charging batteries" and I kept going, "Ready? Wait. Wait. WAIT!"

What?
The Dominos guy told me, "You rock," when I placed my order last night.

If it is not available on Amazon, it won't be purchased
I went to Macy's yesterday and found a Christmas present for my sister. Then I spent 45 minutes (I am not exaggerating) in line. At the 45-minute mark there were still 8 people in front of me in line. I gave up.

Things improved when I realized that it was "Made In Maui" day at the mall and I got myself some lavender fudge sauce. It's so good.

EdC. and I ventured to the mall a few hours later and the massive Macy's lines were gone. The sister gets the present after all. But I told Brad that everything else is coming from Amazon. And I'm not venturing into another store until after Christmas. Right, wouldn' that be nice? But I'm definitely going to avoid Safeway this week ... that place is insane on a "normal" day. It is amazing how many people don't know how a grocery store works. But don't get me started.

No comments: