Sunday, November 25, 2007

News from across the pond

Across two ponds, actually, depending on which direction you travel.

Anyway, my pseduo-sister, Katja, sends word that the twins will be a boy and a girl. Still expected around the end of January. No word on whether she's considering my suggestion of the name Leah. I wonder how that would translate in Finnish.

On my upcoming travel across the pond
I've got a serious Beach Boys addiction lately and Brad says it is because I'm finally going home (that's right it is still my home) for Christmas and my dad loves the Beach Boys. Or at least loved them when I was a kid.

Ring broken again
Did I ever mention that I broke my wedding ring when we were in New York this spring? I was really upset about it, but we ended up going to a jewelry store near Brad's mom and they did a really nice job. They were so nice and never tried to make us buy anything while we were waiting. They even cleaned the ring for free. It was really shiny and I couldn't stop looking at it. Anyway, I just noticed tonight that it is broken again ... on the opposite side than before. That's so frustrating. Where do I take it here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I caught my ring on the freezer a while back and it bent a prong. I went to the place in the mall next to the fancy hair salon on the first floor and they fixed it up pretty and cleaned it to a newlike shine and did not try to sell me anything ... but they insisted on pointing out every little flaw in my diamond before they sent it out - wouldn't want to get the wrong one back, eh?