Thursday, January 24, 2008

4 years old

The boy is 4 years old. I can't believe it. Happy birthday, buddy!

Update
The boy is still 4 years old. But I went back and saw that I couldn't believe he was 3 a year ago, so I need to come up with something more original. How about: The boy is 4 years old. He's getting so big.

Lame, lame, lame. I know.

I did speak to him earlier today. He wasn't too excited to talk to me.

Toonces: Will you talk to Aunt Leah? She wants to wish you a happy birthday. She sent you a present.

B: No. I'm having too much fun.

T: Sorry, we just got home and he's got balloons.

Me: That's OK. Balloons are fun. Tell him I said happy birthday.

T: Aunt Leah says happy birthday. Please won't you talk to her? You can use mommy's headset.

B: Ummmm, OK. (pause) Hello?

Me: Hello, buddy. Happy Birthday!

B: Happy birthday to you.

Me: What? No. That's not right. I don't think you've grasped the birthday concept.

B: I got balloons.

Me: I know you did. Very exciting.

B: Yeah. I gotta go.

And then he was gone. The boy's already figured out that balloons are more exciting than his boring old aunt. Heartbreak hotel.

No comments: