Friday, January 11, 2008

REAL ID a REAL bad idea

Hawaii residents could face vigorous secondary screening at airport security starting in May if they don't have a passport or border-crossing card. See the story. The passport-less Kayhow freaked out. Brad said, "Come on! That's never going to happen." "I'm a mature American born before 1964," Ed C. said. (Ahem, that is true, but the rules have changed since yesterday's story.)

In other news
• I'm back. Seems I unintentionally took some time off from the blog. Just nothing going on in my life — nothing that belongs on the blog, anyway.

• My hair girl has returned to the island and I have an appointment on Monday. Super woo-hoo!

• Brad and I whipped out to the west side on Wednesday and purchased ourselves some American-style Kobe beef steaks. Took a few tries for us to get them properly cooked. But no big deal because they were undercooked and every time they went back into the oven, we watched them like hawks. I have pictures that will maybe/probably be posted at some time. Also purchased some half-pound Kobe burgers for ourselves and for the Vs. Haven't heard from TV as to whether she made them or how they turned out. Brad and I may do our burgers on Sunday.

• Bradley and I finally got the paperwork for our new parking spot. Hopefully that's all we need to avoid another car flooding. (Poor 'Scort. I drove past the tow truck place the other day and saw it still sitting in the parking lot. Wonder what will become of it.)

• The people below us put their condo on the market and are asking almost $70,000 more than what we paid for our's. That is insane! You could buy a 2nd-floor 3-bedroom in the building next door for far less than that.

• We learned that there is a difference between mint extract and peppermint extract. The first includes spearmint oil and doesn't make for a good mint chocolate chip ice cream. Brad said, "It tastes like toothpaste." Why do they make a mint extract? What has spearmint in it besides gum?

No comments: