Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow on Haleakala


Bradie returned from his walk this morning with some photos. See, I told my pops it was too cold to go to the beach. (And look at the zoom power in the photo at right.) That's, I think, only the second time it has snowed up there since Brad and I moved to the island in 2001.

When it rains, it pours
Ever feel like everyday something goes wrong? We've recently had a rash of broken stuff. Mostly minor, but it's very frustrating. It probably started with the 'Scort dying in the storm. I dropped the electric grill and broke the handle. The bar inside the suitcase was bent. All of the light bulbs seemed to burn out at the same time and we had to buy a ladder just to replace them. A kitchen door fell off its hinge. The toilet seat had to be replaced. The zipper on a different suitcase broke. Brad's phone fell in the ocean.

That last one makes me laugh. It's not even the first time that he's done that. But I'm very proud of him — he had that same phone for about a year and a half. That's gotta be a record. Plus, I knew this day would come eventually and bought the insurance when I bought his phone, so hopefully I shouldn't have too many problems getting him a new one without dropping hundreds of dollars.

Update
Duh! My naivete was shining through above. Of course they can't just give me a phone at the store today. How unreasonable am I?

No comments: