"I'm sure the Gecko people are used to dealing with people with no money."Toonces, April 14, 2008
Remember how the lady from the credit card bank on Saturday was going to leave a message for someone in the know to return my call on Monday? Well, its 6:54 p.m. and I'm shocked (shocked!) that I haven't heard from them yet.
I did get my reoccurring payments for Gecko and Fatness switched over to a different card, so maybe it doesn't even matter anymore. I was telling Toonces about it when she called this afternoon and she replied with the above quote of the day.
I said, "Dude. It's not that I don't have the money to pay them. It's that they send me the bill 2 days before it is due and then threaten to cancel my coverage when they don't receive payments on time. If I just have them bill my credit card every month, they get their payment on time and my cars stay insured."
She was like, "I don't mean you don't have any money. I just mean that Gecko is so cheap that poor people ... oh I don't know. Hold on. Yah, I'll have a corn dog, popcorn chicken, chocolate shake and a large Cherry Coke."
I wondered how she was gonna try to get out of that one.
In other news:
• Would you believe that the Flamingo in Las Vegas charges $300 to rent a poolside cabana for one day? That's insane. Brad had promised to let me get one, but that was under the assumption that it would be like $100-150. There's no way he's gonna go for it now.
• I love Starbucks' black unsweetened iced tea . . . it just tastes better than the stuff I make. I spent the afternoon experimenting, because I can't continue to spend $3 a day on the stuff. The key may be a martini shaker, but I after one test I couldn't get mine open again.
• I'm really excited about the Delta-Northwest merger. It could mean less competition equals higher airfares, but I'm gonna be optimistic and say it means more stability. Also, I read yesterday that it also includes several European carriers, specifically Czech Airlines, which may make next year's expected trip to the Czech Republic less stressful. Northwest and Delta place 4th and 5th respectively on my list of favorite airlines and I'm thinking that if they combine their strengths in a positive way they may be able to push US Airways out of 3rd. (For those curious types: No. 1 is Midwest Airlines — you can't beat cookies, big leather seats and foot rests in coach; No. 2 is American — which has treated us so well in the past it would really, really hard to displace it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment