Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Something's gotta give

"I only did 45 minutes at the Fatness because it didn't make me feel any better and I kept forgetting to breathe."
— Me
I don't really expect anyone to feel sorry for me, but here's my dilemma anyway:

Nine months I've been planning our trip this summer. I researched, I compared, I even canceled and rebooked hotels if I found a better deal on a different day. I had it planned down to the minute and, best of all, everything was paid for more than 6 months before I ever planned to do it. Maybe that's where I went wrong. I didn't plan for the unexpected. I didn't think, "If the airline goes out of business I'm going to have to buy new tickets." But they did. Over the last 3 weeks unexpected events have added more than $1,500 to the trip. Boo-hoo, right? Yah, well, I don't have $1,500. I can only commit my expected economic stimulus so many times and at this point I'm going to need the economic stimulus checks of 12 different people.

Next week's birthday outing to Oahu may need to be eliminated. (Is my birthday next week? I get the feeling only Brad is aware of that.)

No comments: