Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The mystery of marriage

"Marriage advice? Can I say, 'Don't do it'? Nah, just jokin'. Sorry about Brad's face."
— Me, April 15, 2008

A co-worker is getting married next week in Vegas. I'm so jealous. I should have taken my dad up on his offer to give Brad and I cash if we'd just go to Vegas. It also would have saved him trips to three different states looking for white folding chairs. (Love ya, Pops! Loved the chairs, too.)

Anyway, Melissa is getting married next week and her office bridal shower is tomorrow. The person in charge of the shower handed out cards today for everyone to offer marital advice and congratulations. But I don't know what makes a marriage work. My mom says that my marriage works because Brad does whatever I say. Yah, wouldn't that be nice?

Thoughts? I've got the book full of cards and 12 hours before I have to hand it over. I can rip up my card and start over if anyone has any good advice.

No comments: